The Salvation of Your Soul From Sin and Hell
- Firstly, accept the fact that you have sinned against God through disobeying His commandments. You have done many evil things against God, against yourself and your fellow men. By virtue of your sins and wicked deeds, which may be many or few, you are justly condemned by God and are in the number of those doomed for everlasting destruction in hell fire.
- Secondly :God is a merciful God who freely forgives the sins of those that repent and seek His forgiveness. Confess your sins to Him, repent of them and plead with Him to forgive you.
- Thirdly: Jesus Christ is the Saviour from sin. You cannot stop sinning by your power without Him. Welcome Him into your life to give you the power to overcome sin. When Jesus comes into your life He will save you from sin and give you the power of righteousness. Jesus is the universal Saviour from sin. Apart from Him there is no other one and no other way.
- Fourthly, when you give your life to Jesus Christ your sins are forgiven and you have a new life from God. Your name enters into the book of life in heaven. Surely, you will not want to start committing new sins and to get your name removed from the book of life. You must determine to continue in Christ by living a righteous life every day to the end of your life on earth. Make sure you have a good Bible. Study your Bible regularly and pray always to God for His grace to live the Christian life. Obey God’s word in every area of your life. The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth, obey Him. Do not be afraid of man and be not ashamed of following Jesus. Dissociate from evil friends, relationships and associations.
- Water Baptism
Having given your life to Jesus Christ, you will need to submit yourself to water baptism. Water baptism follows repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 8:35-39 “Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.”
The scriptural water baptism is one immersion into water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 28:19 “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.”
- Baptism With the Holy Ghost
Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” Luke 11:13 “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him.”
The Holy Spirit will reveal to you those things that require your corrective actions, according to the word of God. God will be with you as you carry out your restitution and His grace will be sufficient for you. Restitution as an act of righteousness will fill you with joy and peace and will glorify the name of the Lord among men.
- The Church To Worship God With
Matthew 23:13, 15 “But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in, 15 Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte (convert), and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.”
Do not allow family, ethnic, tribal, religious or denominational politics to hinder you from obeying the clear instructions of the Scripture. If you are the leader of such assembly, you need to repent of your sins and give your life to Jesus Christ and allow your members to worship God in the true way with a true church of Christ.
Humble yourself and obey the truth that will save your soul. Isaiah 48:17-20 “Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. 18 O that thou hadst hearkened to My commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea: 19 Thy seed also hath been as the sand, and the offspring of thy bowels as the gravel thereof; his name should not have been cut off nor destroyed from before Me. 20 Go ye forth of Babylon, flee ye from the Chaldeans, with a voice of singing declare ye, tell this, utter it even to the end of the earth; say ye, The LORD hath redeemed His servant Jacob.”
- Characteristics Of A Good Church Of Christ
It is unfortunate that many churches today have slipped into fleshly gratification of music and dancing. During the ministry of the word and prayer the members are dull and sleepy. They become fully awake and active when music and dancing resumes. The preachers are being tempted to introduce music and dancing regularly and to prolong this period during worship service to keep the worshippers awake.
This is seen as dance worship and they feel that God is greatly glorified by it. Unknown to them, this is Satan’s subtil device to steal away the word of God and prayer from the church and deny sinners and believers concentration on the word of God and prayer by which they can be saved, sanctified and empowered. Christian music and worship must be pure and holy and be devoid of worldliness.