- When taking what belongs to others by force.
- When taking what belong to others by stealing.
- When cheating by any means in any matter.
- When oppressing in deed or in word.
- When taking or giving bribe.
It’s like moving forward and backward at the same time, that seems stupid, and so also it is spiritually stupid to ignore call for restitution after new life in Jesus Christ. Restitution is a confirmation of your salvation in Christ Jesus, without restitution your salvation is unprocessed.
For example, when you lied in the about your age, your state of origin or about any of your personal data, and now you’ve given your life to Jesus Christ and you confessed to Jesus, but you refuse to correct your past lies through restitution, and so in your present life in Jesus you continue to tell the lies, every time you continue to fill form with lies in your school, workplace, etc. you continue to lie to your spouse, partner, boss, or people generally by repeating the lies you formed in your old life or by agreeing with the lies you said in the past by keeping silent.
Exodus 22;1 "if a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep; 3, If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft; If fire break out, and catch in thorns, so that the stacks of corn, or the standing corn, or the field, be consumed therewith; he that kindled the fire shall surely make restitution"
Now since you claim God has forgiven you, which one has God forgiven you, the lies of the past or the ones you are willfully repeating now? If Satan is deceiving these preachers and people of modern day Christianity without cross, you better not deceive yourself. It is better to go to heaven from prison than to go to hell fire from palace, so don’t be afraid of doing the restitution after you are saved, what comes may.
- It enhances fellowship with God.
- It makes us completely guiltless; Revelation 12;10 "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night"
- It increases our prayer life, giving ones boldness and confidence to worship God.
- It helps us to maintain holiness and righteous living, Luke 19;8-9 "And Zacchæus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham”
- It helps to eradicates corruption by exposing every evil works and it’s agent in the church.
- It will make member to work together without fear or assumptions.
- It brings unity among brethren and helps to increase church growth and development.
- It promotes seriousness among students in reading and studying.
- It prevents examination malpractice among student at the awareness of restituting back any acquired certificates.
- It eschews corruption in educational sector and helps in enhancing godly fear among student.
- It also help student to stand firm in boldness while defending their school project without fear.
Yes; the Lord might forgives you but the Earth will never forget. Every sin or mistakes has severe punishment even after forgiveness because the guilt and self torment shall the Lord not clear. Therefore, ensure not to repeat such ugly mistakes again because it will accumulate disappointment and severe backwardness in life, either tomorrow or in career pursuit.
ALSO READ ;How To Stop Household Wicked Enemies-Operation No Mercy.
He was under duress and was persuaded to resign from such honored ministry position due to horrible mistakes he committed many years ago. Although, God might have forgiven him, but the Earth still hold it against him because the scriptures is infallible; Galatians 6; 7 “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap”
ALSO READ ; Danger Of Undone Restitution And Disobedient Of Christians.
As Christian, there is urgent need to be watchfulness over an out-spoken word. A genuine believer is always mindful while chatting or discussing with others. James 1:19 "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" However, in term of lying or exaggerated words spoken unconsciously, there is need to reinstate your intended godly motives. If the person whom you mistakenly lied to is still within reach, the best is to re-account yourself immediately by telling him the actual truth; that you were wrong by your earlier respond. That is call restitution of spoken word.
The scripture foretells according to Romans 13:8 “Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law”. Therefore, you must ensure you rectify your debt. You might sell some personal properties and pay off your debt as a matter of urgency because tomorrow is never promised. If peradventure, you don’t have any source of mean of raising the money; you need to enter into covenant with your creditor.
Plead with him/her the comfortable time or period you are going to clear all your debt. Even both the heavens and earth would bear witness of such agreement. However if death enacted before the agreed period; perhaps the Lord might considered you; because the grace of life was not enough to attained to such appointed or agreed period of payment. You will be exonerated because heavens will attest that enough grace of life wasn't given to settle up your debt because of the covenant you bargain with your creditor. However, ensure you fulfilled your covenant by paying up all your debt at the appointed period.